Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Greatest Fear

I love my land and the fact I produce a product all Americans need. A protein source. If you don't like beef or your a vegetarian or vegan that is ok. There are other excellent protein sources.

I wish I was eloquent with words. I wish I could paint a picture of my feelings for the land and my cattle. I care for each and every cow. I spend hours with my animals or for my animals. It is what I do and love to feed my family and the country.

So what is my fear....that someone who will not give my children the same right I have to choose how I make a living and raise cattle. I read a wonderful analogy about the Auto Industry and Agriculture. Our imports of food are increasing, we have organizations who wish to stifle agriculture on all sides of our sector of the economy. The press paints us as evil whether in grain, fruit, vegetable, or animal production. Hollywood has picked up on the theme with recent documentaries. I am fearful for my children and the ranch I so love.



Enjoy this great read by Mike Rowe, the Cable TV personality of World's Dirtiest Jobs. A wonderful analogy on the Auto Industry and Agriculture. He hits the nail on the head with the current state of the economy. Thank you, Mike, for supporting American Agriculture!

What is in America's Future? by Mike Rowe (from his blog)

I always believe in HOPE FOR THE FUTURE!

1 comment:

crystal.cattle said...

I saw your comment on the Sitting in the pasture blog. I think it is great that you are getting in-contact with people in influential positions and letting them know the real story of agriculture, not what HSUS or animal rights groups want them to believe.

www.cdycattle.blogspot.com