Monday, December 6, 2010

Mothers & Daughters


I wish I could have had plural, 'daughters.' But I had a son and a daughter. I remember Lynn saying one day when she was 8 or 9 about wishing she had a sister because on that day James was driving her nuts. I looked at her, smiled and said to Lynn, 'Brothers are an absolute pain in the derriere until they are 14 or 15. Get use to it, been there done that with two brothers, not one like you have. If you had a little sister, when you get older she would get all into your makeup, hair brush and all kinds of things you wish she wouldn't. And that would never quit!'

So I imagine my nieces were like that, I talked with Jessie about it, but never Dana. I do know that my sister-in-law is blessed to have two daughters.

I love this photo and got a block in scrapping it. I was back to wanting white space but get the feel for fall when the picture was taken without it being a fall layout. On Scrapbooks, etc., March 2007, p 120; designer Christy Tomlinson, I found a layout I wanted to lift. I always like it when a designer gives me permission to try something new. I free handed the swirls with Stickles. Do have to try more of that.

This layout was my entry into the Supply List Challenge for of course ACOT Nov. Challenges. I had to use a stamp so I made my own. I used this netting which was on a bottle of Meade for my stamping! I painted the paint on a piece of card board then transfered it to my page.

Once in a while everyone should try something new!

No comments: