Thursday, January 29, 2009

Rare Snow


My entry this week into two challenges. I loved Sketch 119 for Pencil Lines. The designers did a great job with their takes on the sketch. "Rare Snow" is my take. I also entered this LO into Mothers and Daughters Creations Challenge Blog.

Rare Snow, if I'm counting right I've seen snow in the five places I've lived in Texas I've seen snow a total of 7 times since 1970. I can ad an eighth time in Dec. of 2008. A front moved through the ranch in the morning and it had cleared off. I was standing outside the house, Lynn called and was all excited it was snowing in College Station at 1:30pm. At 3:30pm James calls and tells me it's snowing in Angleton, at 5:00pm Larry calls and tells me it's snowing in Angleton, and at 6:00 Mom calls and tells me it's snowing in Seabrook. I'm like my gosh folks it's only snow. One can see the excitement snow gives in our part of Texas. This snow event took the weather forcasters by surprise as a Low Pressure System developed on the front after it passed through Limestone County. That evening Lynn and Natasha built a snow cow in their front yard in College Station. Only two Agriculture majors attending Texas A&M would build a snow cow. Gig'em Aggies. If only they understood what an Aggie Moment that sounds like. Lynn has promised me a copy of the pic.

I remember how excited my brothers and I were over the snow. Doug and I taught Ken how to build a snowman. Mom came out with her father's Top Hat and Dad's scarf and that's the picture of the first snow I'd seen in three years and my first snow in Texas. Sweet Memories.

Kim

2 comments:

Tam said...

Beautiful layout - thanks so much for playing along with MDC!!

bibine 75 said...

thanks so much for your participation...
sabrina (bibine75)