Monday, April 6, 2009

Casing a Blog - Creating a Layout


Challenge for Mothers and Daughters last week was to create a LO by Casing the Design Team Member's Blogs. Great idea!

After my casing I chose Laurie's Blog, {Lovin My Life}. I love her simple straight forward approach to scrapbooking so she has very elegant layouts. Thank you Laurie!

I picked her layout for 3/19 of this year. I loved the beautiful papers and butterflies! I chose a picture of the first blooms from a newly planted Miniature Rose, Renny. This is an incredible little rose. The photo of my layout I took just doesn't do the photo justice or the rose. It's a much deeper pink, but not a bling type pink. Thank you Laurie for the inspiration.

I really got very frustrated with taking a picture. The pattern paper I used to form the frame is a very pale pink pattern paper. It matches the pink on on the brown/pink pattern paper on top. I tried all sorts of card stock underneath this 7x7 layout to bring the pink out. I so dislike my point and shoot camera. Two things are on our list of must haves: a 12x12 Epson Scanner and a Cannon Rebel. Then a new point and shoot camera!

Kim

Keep scrapin'
Kim

1 comment:

Tam said...

Beautiful page, Kim! I love Laurie's layouts too - I would have picked from her had I had time to play my own challenge :) Thanks for playing along with us and have a great week! (ps - we featured your page, but due to some travelling issues we posted late this week - sorry for the delay!)