Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Texas House of Representatives HCR 50!

Yesterday, Larry comes home from the office and wants to know how our Governor Rick Perry made the news. So up I went to the computer to search what was happening with Texas' Governor.

First let me explain my feelings about "King" Perry. I don't like him, I didn't vote for him in 2006 and I won't vote for him in the next election. Two reasons I feel this way. He decided by executive order to force parents to have their daughters vaccinated for HPV. It isn't a disease like Small Pox and the other childhood diseases. Am I in favor of vaccination for HPV? Yes, most definitely. Had my daughter been under 18 I would have taken her. At the time she was over 18 and could make that decision for herself. His Executive Decree raised such a wind storm of descent he was forced to back down. The citizens of Texas were also very upset over the Trans Texas Corridor. Two issues existed with the development of the highway, the issue of fair compensation of land placed under imminent domain and the fact both land and income were going to be owned and receive the income by a foreign country. He finally backed down when a company placed his ranch under imminent domain for the building of a railroad right of way. Then the company backed down.

I know the video below is an attempt by the governor to sign on with the Texas House of Representatives as part of his bid to be elected governor in 2010. There is a big BUT here though. He is right in doing so just as Representative Brandon Creighton was standing up and saying our state believes in the 10th amendment under HCR50. Thank you, Governor Perry for standing up for the Great State of Texas!

Ya know that is what the Tea Parties are about today. It's about our Constitutional Rights and upholding the whole concept of the Declaration of Independence. I'm entitled to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. So is everyone else. So do not tell me that Texas is crazy for this Resolution. It is supported by every Texan I've spoken to. I'm standing up to the ongoing tyranny of the federal government. My rights under the Constitution are consistently being chipped away. STOP!




I found the video on a blog titled Cajun Boy in the City. I really feel sorry for him. His statement about the video and our state led me to believe he can't communicate without using a four letter word. Sir, even though I stated in my last post I was proud to be a Yankee, I'm not now! I'm very proud to be a Transplanted Texan and very happy my parents got me to the state as soon as possible. I just want you to know Mexico drug thugs are shooting into the US from the border towns. I have no desire to drive along I-10 in El Paso where you can look across the Rio Grande into Mexico. Why will the federal government not allow us to put the National Guard on our border? Last I checked my state taxes go to them for protecting the citizens of Texas. On top of that I have close friends who have gone to Iraq who are members of the Guard. You pay taxes for that. Are you against the war on terrorism? Are you in favor of Homeland Security calling the Attack of 9/11 a "Man Made Disaster?" Wake up! Read the Resolution and then go read the Constitution.

Just wanted to let this individual know how many of my Cajun friends who currently reside in South Louisiana would agree with what our Legislature has done. Please stay up in The City! They deserve you! Don't even try to say I only have a few friends in Louisiana. I spend a great deal of time with them as we own a business dealing with Oil Field Service. Oh, yes I'm involved not only with feeding the people of the US but in delivering your energy needs. Don't blast me for not knowing what I'm talking about. DO NOT ATTACK, TEXAS! Unlike Louisiana and New York we were the Republic of Texas! We were a nation! We are TEXANS first!

I so wish I could have been at the Alamo today, it would have been so significant to stand where so many died for Texas Independence. What has happened to the Northeast, have they forgotten our roots in what the Tea Party was all about. I'm proud to be a Texan and an American.

Kim

No comments: