Thursday, April 2, 2009

Cousins!

I loved the sketch this week for Pink Sketches, #26. The design team took this very simple sketch and did a great job with their layouts. As I look at mine today vs. the sketch, it looks very different to me. I stayed with the colors of the other two graduation layouts I did for Blake's Kindergarten Graduation. I'm so not use to doing LO's for little boys. When I started scraping my son was already in college. I've not even started doing albums of the photos when the kids were little. The picture is Blake with his first cousin Zander. Zander like Blake is one of my great-nephews. He's so cute, but a real handful for his mother. Lynn took the picture in the hallway or I guess it is a hallway of the school. I've only ever been in the gym of the school.

Both are darling in the photo. There are a couple of things I've gone off into in my 12x12 LO's this week. I've gone off into a lot of white space.....hmmm seems I have a lot of red space. I don't know why one wouldn't use the term open space. Maybe that term is reserved for architecture. I've never done a lot of white space. I'm trying to see how it works for me. I'm also seem to be in love with circles and buttons. So maybe that too, will wane in another few days. I do know my candy dish of buttons has gone down. Not too, severely though. My buttons are out where they are in easy reach and in something they are easy to see. Once more I'm trying to get out of the box of comfort for me.

Keep scrappin'

Kim

No comments: