Friday, April 25, 2014

CKCB Challenge # 2 Pocket Page Inspiration

How delighted can one be to be inspired by Pocket Pages or Project Life as many scrap in this style!!!  I started PL this year.  Before starting Project Life this year I scrapped my first PL style albums with my Parent's New Zealand Vacation photos back in 2008.  Now I am also working on my Mother's and Grandmother's Alaska Cruise Album.  PL and PL Style Albums are supper fast and so easy.

I almost jumped for joy when I saw this challenge.  Perfect to do the third page in a series of photos Mom took of Zu and her son AC.  I can and sometimes do a double page spread, but I much prefer to a single page at a time for double page spreads.  Last year I did the first two pages.  The last one still needed to be done and this Challenge was perfect.

As written from CKCB Blog ~ Challenge #2: Pocket Page Inspiration:  Use a 3x4 or 4x6 card (does not have to be a pocket scrapbooking card, can be cutdown from your own paper) on your next project.  Use it as a sentiment on a card or as a layering element on a layout.  You can also bind a bunch together to make a mini album.



My 4x6 card turned out to be both title and journaling card!  No journaling as these photos come from my mother's horse album.  I love love the Studio Calico Farm Animal Veneers.  To my delight the silhouette veneers are of Arabians!!!  I also made a Yo-Yo for this layout for something Puffy in the CSI Case File #122 Evidence.  The Roller Doodle Stamp was just too much fun with a little Prima Chalk Inks.

Yes, the layout turned out to look somewhat like a pocket page, but the first of the three layouts was actually a sketch challenge last summer at ACOT to scrap a Becky Fleck sketch.  Second layout below is one to match the first and of course the above makes the third.




Thank you for taking a peek today at my blog.

Until Next Time!  Have a Blessed Day!

No comments: