Friday, January 25, 2013

Over the river....

This layout is a way back when layout!  The American Rambler Station Wagon definitely dates the photo.  Interesting that I learn the same month, November, I created this layout that Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney's father owned American Motors.  I wonder too, if this was one of those 'light bulb' moments in loading a car for the trip home from my grandmother's during Thanksgiving Weekend 1969.  Dad is definitely having problems with my brother Doug and the writing is all over Mom and my face.  Next time the kids will wait in the house type of moment, LOL.

As far as the layout, ugh.....it just didn't turn out like I wish it could have.  One of those "light bulb" moments of rethinking the colors I used.  LOL....."light bulb" moments all around.


I host two challenges a month on A Cherry On Top's Message Board.  I love hosting both.  They are my two favorite challenges I have ever done!  This is for the 4x4 Challenge I host.  The challenge is really simple.  You must use only two double sided papers (no more) and four embellishments (no more and no less).  Simple......well not really if you've never tried it!  I am amazed at the creativity that the ladies on the board come up with.  For this month  they all outshown me!  Be sure to check it out!  And don't forget the other wonderful challenges which are hosted by board members!  The message board is the friendliest and most supportive board I have ever been a part of!  
 

1 comment:

joybear said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Love your layout, those pictures are so awesome and the colors are eyecatching, don't think you need to rethink them at all :)