Monday, January 28, 2013

The Stockings Were Hung By The Chimney

Yay!  We are home!  What a terrific show hosted by American Lowline Registry at the National Western!  New National Champions have been CROWNED! This is a day of much needed rest.  I'll get my pictures in the computer and share some of them later this week!

I thought I'd get this posted before we get to far away from Christmas.  And keeping with the theme from last Friday's post about challenges this seemed the perfect layout to post.  There are so many challenges all over the web we can choose from and each and every one provides inspiration to so many!  As I mentioned last Friday I host two Challenges on A Cherry on Top's Message Board.  The second one is the Heritage Challenge!  I just love this challenge as it keeps me focused on getting close to 1000 photos 15+ years and older scanned in the computer and scrapped.  All of these photos are near and dear to my heart.  I just wish I had the time to focus on genealogy.

This was my example when I hosted the Dec. 2012 Heritage Challenge.


I believe this photo was taken in 1937 or 1938 when my mother was either 3 or 4 years of age.  When Carta Bella released their first line (Beautiful Moments) last year I became an immediate fan of the company!!!  Christmas Day was no exception and the entire line arrived in my home.  It was this page when I first saw it I knew immediately this photo belonged to this page!  I stitched the circle frame with outline stitch.  I loved the idea of a doily because my grandmother loved doilies.  I found the wooden candlestick ornament at Micheal's because of the candlesticks on the mantel.  A little stickles and glossy accents and the ornament became perfect.  My favorite tool I used for this layout was the Harlequin 6x6 Template from from The Crafters Workshop.  I used Tattered Angels Bronze Glimmer Mist and you can see the result just right of the photo.  This was my first time to use glimmer mist on Carta Bella paper and oh my was I happy at how the paper accepts the mist without warping it!!!!  Pure Awesomeness!!! A few other items and my layout was done!  Perfect in my eyes and so elegant!  As I studied the photo I chuckled when I noticed one of the candles on the mantel wasn't straight in it's holder.  Aghhh, even my grandfather who took the photo didn't pay attention to details.  Now I don't feel so bad when I take my photos, LOL!

I hope you'll come check out the challenges at A Cherry on Top Message Board!  We truly have a great time on this message board!

And just a little note about Carta Bella's releases at CHA, I'm blown away by Well Traveled!!!  My favorite of the new releases!


I so can see using this line for our trip to Denver!

Have a wonderful day!

No comments: