Monday, January 21, 2013

Friend

I haven't written a post in like forever!  Two things I have decided I have to do this year!  Blog more often and call my friends more often!

We are off to the National Western Livestock Show in the great city of Denver on Wednesday!  We'll get to see all of our Lowline friends and some great cattle competing in the National Lowline Angus Show.  Our Australian friend Margo Hayes will be in attendance this year at the show and we are looking forward to meeting her for the first time in person.  I look forward to her insights into the Lowline as a beef breed.  As Texans not use to snow, we are delighted for the second time in as many years to have nice weather!  A great plus since we stall in the Pens.  None of our cattle are going this year as our entire show string is much younger then last year and we worry about their immune systems.  My new Nikon D3100 will be in tow and I hope to get a huge number of great photos.

The real object of this post though is a first for me.  The first time I've taken on a challenge from one of the many companies of the wonderful scrapping products we so love!  I have always loved Imaginisce products, but have been clueless how to work with them.  Bright, fun, cute has always been a block for me.  I always try to work outside my box.  I love deep rich earth colors, they are my comfort zone.  The solution was to go to the Imaginisce blog.  The design team has absolutely amazing projects!  A few dollars later and I was scrapping!  I began to realize I really could scrap with their products when I dived into the challenge!  The challenge each month supplies a sketch from one of the design team members plus a twist to the sketch.  Diana Fisher supplied the sketch and the twist was using blue somewhere in the layout and use one word to describe your outlook for the year!  I had so much fun with the sketch!  I flipped it due to the photo orientation and chose the word friend!  Goes hand in hand with calling my friends more often this year.



And this is the sketch!


  The photos were taken by my lovely daughter Lynn a couple of years ago.  I absolutely love the Sole Sisters line!  Thank you Imaginisce for the great inspiration!  I look forward to even more inspiration in the coming months!  I have become hooked on your products!  Especially the new Childhood Memories line!!!!  It's definitely coming to my home!

6 comments:

Angela said...

Fun layout and great job with the products. Way to try something new!

Marcia Dehn-Nix said...

Such a fabulous layout! I love how you've embellished it. I am so glad you joined us in our latest challenge at Imaginisce.

Mary Pat Siehl said...

What a great layou! Thanks for joining us at Imaginisce

Monique Liedtke said...

Loving your layout! Love the colors and design you've chosen and admire you for stepping out of your comfort zone! Glad this challenge helped you do that!! Thanks for joining us this month at Imaginisce!!

Suzanna Lee said...

Challenges that make you step out of your comfort zone and then feel comfortable are the best, aren't they? Glad Imaginisce was able to do that for you this month!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Kim!!! You won the January Monthly Challenge at Imaginisce.
Check out the blog (Feb 1st) post today to see all the details!!