Thursday, March 26, 2009

Ready?

I love my "Reading List" on my blog site! Yesterday, there was One Little Word's Word Up #48 Post. I thought oooh that's difficult. Yet, when I went to the Blog and read the post I was thinking of the pictures I have waiting to be scrapped. All I could think of was the pictures of Blake's T-Ball Game. I've always chuckled at watching the 7 and under kids playing ball, swimming, football, karate or whatever sport they are involved in. Are they really "ready" to play the sport? Not really, but oh what fun they have playing. Attention spans are short, energy is ready to burst at the seems and then something happens and these youngsters sure aren't ready! Yet the kids give it their all! They are truly so much fun to watch!



A friend of ours Mark is furious at what sports teams are now doing,
'They aren't keeping score!' Mark won't let his girls play sports. For Mark I can understand his frustration. Sports are about winning and losing. Are we teaching our children there is no winning and losing. I remember swimming at 9 competitively. I hated losing a race, all it did is make me try harder during practice to be ready for the next week. As I got older it became not about winning my heat, it was breaking my time. So lets make the kids ready for real life, lets go back to keeping score. Ready boys, "LET'S PLAY BALL!"

I also used Pink Sketches #25. This was a very difficult sketch for me to work with. I finally decided how I wanted to work up the sketch. I then decided on papers that were outside my box. I love primary colors and darker colors or deep rustic colors. I got all of the paper cut out & placed it down without the adhesive, I didn't like any of it. So I slept on it. When I came back this morning I finished up the LO. I found a frame to fit the picture of Blake at bat. I fell in love with the arrow border. I used Colorbox Fluid Ink then sprayed Lemon Zest Glimmer Mist over it and dried. I took Perfect Pearls Heirloom Gold and stamped a flourish on the border to keep with the flourishes on the paper. I just loved the Doodlebug Crushed Velvet brads I had in my stash, I couldn't believe they matched. I felt like I put together a fun LO to go with the five year olds playing T-Ball. Thank you Pink Sketches for challenging me!

Kim

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Awesome layout!!!

Laura said...

awww! it's so cute when they play t-ball. i remember going to one of my cousins' games a few years ago. it was too fun! :)

Denise said...

sweet layout. I agree about the score keeping but the funny thing is....the kids keep score anyway!