Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Say Cheez....

My little great nephew has been through way too much in his short life. No child deserves to have the parents he does. It has been so hard on the family to watch Daniel and Christa struggle with drugs. Both are no longer together. So Lynn and I spend as much time with Blake as possible. Blake had his first vacation with us last year. We did so much with him: the Houston Zoo, Space Center Houston, Schlitterbahn Water Park in Galveston, and Moody Gardens. He loved the satellite TV, getting him away from the cartoon channels Lynn showed him was impossible. The family scattered to the four corners of the earth over Memorial Weekend 2008. Lynn off to her grandmother's so she could go to Blake's Kindergarten Graduation. Larry to the ranch and James to a Paintball Scenerio Woodsball Game in Harwood, Texas. So I stayed in Angleton to care for the animals there.

I sent Lynn with my camera and ordered her to take lots of pictures. I've been scrapping Lynn's visit. Activities other then graduation were T-Ball and meeting all of Blake's friends and spending time on a playground with them.


When I saw the wonderful sketch for Week 11 on 52 Sketches...52 Weeks I so fell in love with the sketch. I knew just the picture. I knew just the papers. I printed the picture in 5x7 and then cropped it to get the size I wanted for the LO. I was able to get half the LO before I left for the Houston Livestock Show last week. On the way into Houston I stopped by Lonestar Scrapbooking Store and found embellishments that would make this a fun LO. I rotated the picture to continue the idea of laughter and fooling around my lovely daughter and her second cousin were having together. The picture in the picture can't be seen. I cropped out a drink in a styrofoam cup Blake had and he was eating something. I find it hysterical he's got this huge smile with food showing. The joys of 5 year olds! Blake you are special and so much fun to be around. Your Aunt Kim loves you beyond belief!

Mother's and Daughters Creations Blog also used Julie's sketches for Week 10 or Week 11 as their challenge (MDCSB22) last week. I've found so much creativity through their blog. I love their store, too! They carry lines I've never seen before and I can't wait to decide on something they can add to my award from last week. Make sure you check their blog and online store out!

Kim

1 comment:

Tam said...

Beautiful page! It's so hard to watch little ones struggle through their childhood, but however difficult he may have it with his own parents, at least he has a loving and supportive extended family:)