Sunday, February 22, 2009

Reagan

Wow! I loved the sketch from Pink Sketches #21. I love circles! Yet, as I started really thinking about the sketch I found I was thinking curves. I started pulling paper and was thinking how striking Charlie was against white. Well his son would surely be, too. I'd been wanting to try a technique I saw in Scrapbooks, etc. issue Jan. '09 on page 133, titled: Quick Class Woven Together. Lisa Storms used a Square Scalloped piece of card stock and some pastel embroidery thread to creat a woven patten on the paper. I thought the LO she created stunning. In my mind I saw a Circle Scalloped Cardstock done the same way. The result would look like petals on a flower. If the picture was placed just right on the page those lines coming to the center of the cardstock would draw your eyes to the picture. Cool, was my only thought. When I saw this sketch I knew exactly how I would do this LO. I loved the result!





I felt I stayed true to the sketch by using buttons on the flowers to have my circles. Even the ribbon has a circular burst. The circle mat has circles within it and the card stock I used for the title matches the color of one of those small circles in the mat.

Here's what I used. Paper: Basic Grey Paper from the Scarlet's Letter collection (Fate & Among The Ruins) and Quickutz QuickStripz Tropical Yellow. Ribbon: GCD Studios Winter Wonderland. Thread: DMC # 349. Flowers: Buttons Galore and More Fiesta Felt. Assorted Buttons from my stash with DMC Thread White. Pen: Creative Memories Bold Tip Black.

Reagan is a 2008 February calf. He is a striking son of Mr. Double TT 31 aka as Charlie from my last post out of Five Oaks 1/5. 1/5 gives us some striking calves with Reagan's older sister Jillian in our current show string. Reagan always has had that look at me attitude. His pictures so easy to take. Right now he is going through his gain test and if he passes he will be on his way to be sold as a herd bull.

I hope you will check out Pink Sketches site, as their sketches are great to work with.

Kim

No comments: