Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Abcar Ibn Tammen

This is the second 8x10 sketch Shawn used on her blog!  I had this photo of AC, his barn name, ready to scrap for four months.  I was ecstatic when I received the February sketches to see this awesome sketch!  I had no papers pulled to use and thought I'd use fall colors since the leaves were turning in the photo.  November in Texas Upper Gulf Coast.  I chose to use Lilly Bee Design and Jillibean Grandma's Lima Bean Soup with a little Bazzill cardstock thrown in from my scraps.  I chose to use a few embellishments and alphas from my Paper Bakery October Kit along with some Prima from my stash.



All I can say is I'm so excited about this layout!  The photo just pops and I cannot wait to show my Mom as it comes from her album of our horses.  I know she will be pleased.

Abcar Ibn Tammen (Tammen x Zubaydahh) is pictured as a long two year old.  His show record includes numerous Top Ten Yearling Straight Egyptian Futurity Colt at the Egyptian Event in 1987, Blue Bonnet Arabian Horse Club Futurity Champion and several Amateur Championships and Reserves.

Now everyone has to give a great big wave to Dept. of Homeland Security.  AC's dam was bred & named by Tom McNair long time trainer of Glennloch Farms, Tomball, Texas.  Glennloch has since been sold and is now a subdivision of houses.  This was long before our government was able to kill the terrorist of the same name we purchased.  The first layout I posted of "Zu" as AC's dam was called, I finally decided to not worry about it because it's not my fault she had the name or Tom's.  By the way her name means 'by the book'.  Tom felt her conformation so close to what Arabian Horse Type was suppose to be that he gave her the name.  I accidently found out a week later as I went through the origins of visitors to our website I found DHS had visited!  So I want everyone to wave hello and realize they are doing their job to keep our country safe!!!  My hats off to DHS and a huge thank you!  And whichever employee is looking into it this time, I hope you enjoyed a layout of a very special horse in our family!  And laugh when you realize I'm just a person who loves my ranching lifestyle and I help feed our great country!

Thank you for taking a look at my layout and come join us at Nuts About Sketches!

No comments: